Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer Time Fun!

Welcome to the Crutchfield Familiy News Blog








This is my very first Blog Post, so it might take me a while to get the hang of how this works!



These pictures are of our first tent camping experience! Our children are growing up fast and we wanted to make some memories!



We enjoyed swimming in the lake, walking through the woods, and playing on the playground.



But, I think the family bonding happened the most when we all went to bed in the tent and no one could get to sleep! First, the boy's side of the tent caved in... then later the girl's side caved in. They were just so wiggly that they would accidently kick the poles down!! Then, we had a couple of air mattresses that went flat:( .... and, of course, a 3am potty break which involves taking a walk outside to get there. Then the wind picked up and I was worried the tent would totally cave in...... even though it was a sleepless night, I think we had fun being miserable together:) I think we might even try it again sometime!




Here we are, cooking on the fire. I didn't pack the camping stove, or the grill, because I knew there were fire pits, but I didn't realize there was no grate to put over the pits.... so we threw our food into the fire. Nothing tastes better than camping food!

No comments: